You welcome pal. Anytime smile ok so the Bensonhurst now is smaller than what it was 20 years ago. Now, It's only from 16th ave to still well ave straight across and from 62 street to about 86 st. That is it. Now the Bensonhurst I was born and raised in which was in the mid 80's was way bigger... Like if you lived in dyker heights, that was concidered Bensonhurst. Bath beach was concidered Bensonhurst. Gravesend was also concidered Bensonhurst. But ever since Yusuf hawkins was killed by racist cusgines in the late 80's, the third Colombo mob war of 91-93 ( I lived through that ) and the demographic changes that's been happening ( just to name a few events ), neighborhood real estate developers and each of the neighborhood counsel representatives have been trying to separate their neighborhoods from Bensonhurst. Dyker heights don't even associate themselves with Bensonhurst and the people there won't go to 18th ave anymore. Bath beach has turnt into a slum. Looks like shit now. Gravesend has also separated themselves. They won't go to 18th ave either. Back than, everybody went to 18th ave. So to answer your question, Bensonhurst now is not so safe like it use to be. Now there is drugs and drug addicts, gang bangers, ghetto people, and poverty. It ain't the slums yet but it's getting there in some parts. Still have a lot of nice homes but the Chinese own them now... Most of them anyway. I would never want to go back to live. 90's Bensonhurst was the last decade of traditional old school Italian and Italian Americans who still lived there and the neighborhood was good but after the third Colombo war ended, families started leaving ASAP. When the late 90's came, white flight really begin. The most recent racial situation in Howard beach was in I think 2005, where three black guys were beat up with baseball bats. But it wasn't a racist attack. The media ate that shit up. The kid convicted... Nicky Minucci was a neighborhood street guy who had black friends, dressed hiphop, listened to rap and talk slang. He was far from racist even tho Howard beach is known for racism. The reason those three black kids got beat up was because they were trying to steal a car. They were walking around in the neighborhood for about two hours and aroused suspicion from the Neighorhood old timers. So phone calls were made and here comes fat nick and his crew. They drove around lookin for the three black kids, found them, an argument happened and next thing they all are fighting. Fat nick got a bat from his truck and went to work on them. It wasn't racist what they did. They were protecting the neighborhood. One of the black guys had a low jack in his pants. If that isn't for stealing cars, I don't know what is. Now it's a white on black thing. Now fat nick doing 15 smh. That's what really happened

Last edited by Vinny_Carbone718; 10/03/14 05:58 AM.

"Vinny Cee"