That's what happened in Bensonhurst in the late 80's with the black guy Yusuf Hawkins. I grew up in Bensonhurst. I can tell you now that Howard beach is still to this day more Italian and still has more of a mob presence than Bensonhurst today for sure. Sad to say but Because other nationalities and immigrants from different back grounds are moving into Bensonhurst now and have since the late 90's, 3rd and 4th generation Italian American families are moving out as well as some of the mob guys who were born and raised there. Since the 80's and 90's, mob influence has been declining. But 1st and 2nd generation Italian Americans ain't going nowhere. They too stuck in their old ways. That's how my grandparents are. They not moving out of Bensonhurst for nobody even if Bensonhurst became like east New York Brooklyn lol
lol dyker heights now is what Bensonhurst use to be 25 years ago... Mostly Italian and still mobbed up. The same with Howard beach.. Only black people won't get killed or beat up anymore if they walk through the neighborhood

Last edited by Vinny_Carbone718; 10/03/14 05:03 AM.

"Vinny Cee"