Originally Posted By: merlino
And more may come out with his violation of parole court date next week...if the FBI was involved with the watching of him and not just the Broward cops.....does anyone know if the federal government or even the state of florida is allowed to just follow him around because he is on parole? PB would know better but it seems the place he got caught was a higher end place for Broward detectives to be hanging out in, or obvioulsly they had his routine down when they caught him with chang and the others

I can't say I know for sure, but I'm under the impression that law enforcement can basically put anyone they want under surveillance at anytime, including you and I, if they suspect us of doing something illegal. And, I'd imagine that while on federal supervised release, Joey was probably under FBI surveillance (along with Broward County) for quite some time. Like everyone else has said, law enforcement nation wide has an enormous hard-on for this guy. It shows in this case here; they want to put him away for something so petty as meeting Johnny Chang in a cigar bar a week before his parole restrictions are set to expire. However, I can agree that Joey shouldn't have been so stupid to put himself in that position with only several days to go until he was set to be a completely free man. What could have been so important to him at that time that he had to meet them? He also should have been smart enough to know that he had a target on his back and that he was most likely going to be under constant surveillance from the day he walked out of prison and the halfway house.

Seems like sour grapes behalf of law enforcement to me, especially after losing the racketeering trial in Philadelphia that included Ligambi and Borgesi. They're not going to stop until they've put all of these guys away for good.