Originally Posted By: dominic_calabrese
Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
W\

As young adults OUR GENERATION wanted to prove to our parents that we didn't need their help. Yea we struggled we worked hard did things the way we wanted them done, were broke at times ,yet we made it! That type of attitude is long gone.

Oh please. Times have changed completely! Granted, my parents were very frugal and saved their money, but they also moved to the suburbs and sold house after house for more & more money. This is how the previous generation became so well off . . . . As for our generation, we are all perpetually indebted because of student loans! I will probably retire as a debtor, unless of course I sell-off the properties that I will inherit from my parents . . . . This is the simple truth

You are NOT the young adult of your generation I am referring to my friend. We are talking about young adults who are mooching from their parents. It's very refreshing to learn there are hard working productive young adults like yourself who do not believe the world owes them something. It saddens me that you have so much debt to contend with.