Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Anyway, illegal immigration to Italy is at an all time high right now. Malta, too, but on a much smaller level. The crossing from North Africa is dangerous as Hell. They pull bodies out of the Strait of Sicily all the time, but they don't care. I guess in their minds it's better than the alternative. Plus, many of them have an agenda wink.

The agenda being, most of them are from Libya and the surrounding region, which means, you guessed it, Radical Muslims on top of Radical Muslims. And once they sneak in, they're all over Europe in no time flat. But they're not a threat to Europe, right? rolleyes
[/quote]
You guys must have tons of people coming thru ancona. THe port of patras is like 5 minutes from where I used to live. The immigrants there gather by the hundreds every single day looking to hop the ships that go to ancona so they can go to the rest of Europe on land. I can always tell the next biggest immigration trend just from hanging around there. When I left last there were a lot of Somalians and people from Afghanistan. That was like 5 years ago. Years before that it was the albanians, the pakis are always there, etc. The turks pretty much let them pass by to greece so we have to deal with them. It's so crowded and disorganized there tho, I'll bet a shitload get out on those boats unnoticed

Make that coffee to go