I would agree to some degree Ivy that it's a culture problem and yet it's due to a variety of social causes from the past. I'm going to be speaking from my perspective as a black. First and foremost is that education have always been emphasize in the community and those denounce are only reflecting their attitude. There's more blacks that graduate from high school than dropouts.
Single mother households are numerous but not entirely and I don't know when that's going to decline myself. Too much relations and not enough solid relationships. Like I told that character, married or not doesn't mean a thing as along both parents are in that child's life.
Celebration of the criminal element? Don't think so.
Low voting information. Your right and yet wrong too. It used to be straight Republican historically before Democratic. But whatever with politics.
Hit the nail on the head with generational poverty and some just don't see themselves out and others enjoy that setting.
I'm saying that the majority of blacks are doing well culturally. With the exception of out of wedlock speaking statically; most blacks are living above the poverty line, more black households with both parents vs single mother, more high school graduates than dropouts. Institutionalize discrimination have still persist in our society though, ex: the bank that was caught charging a higher interest rate to non whites. But I digress. In a nutshell my people can be over represented negatively in media outlets at times.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb