Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: bigboy
Hairy- Yes Serbia is a tragic situation, but I don't think you will find many red blooded Americans who would agree with you that it is 1000 times worse than the 911 attacks

Tragedies are never worth comparing. Ever. And for a lot of Americans---especially those of us who live in New York City, and were here that day---it's honestly the kind of topic that can't be debated rationally. It doesn't belong in this thread anyway.

Moving on . . . .

Yes, let´s move on. I just wanted you guys to understand that making jokes about the misery Serbia has suffered and that misery´s after effects is as bad as me, a Europeean, joking about 9/11. Alex is a Serb (on his father´s side) and I´m sure that he have relatives and/or close friends who lost their lifes during the horrible Balkan wars in the 1990s. That´s all.

Well put, HK.

Now, as for middle class wiseguys who weren't born into the life, there have obviously been a few. But they're few and far between.

It's like I always say, it usually takes a childhood full of poverty to make a true gangster mentality.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.