Originally Posted By: Christy_Tic
As far as I've heard Henry was the point man on that w Marty krugman and paul manzi(I.e) from Pittsburgh. Should be a great one and the u was def the best one I've seen along w the Marcus Dupree one. Also Dixie u might like to know there is a episode called the u part 2. Probably start off w antonio langham taking one to the house in the 92 national title game. Then will go to the lean years then to the next dynasty that got robbed in 2000 of playing in the game, best team ever in 2001. Let's see rbs Portis McGahee wr s moss r Wayne Andre Johnson te Shockey Winslow. 4 pro o line and 10-12 drafted defense. Bama under sangam had nothing on that Miami squad. If butch didn't take the browns job they prob would of won 4 in a row. Also they got robbed of a national title in 02 on a phantom penalty v ohio state. They were so stacked

And that defense? There aren't even words that can accurately describe it. Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Jonathan Vilma, Vince Wilfork, Jerome McDougle, D.J. Williams, Mike Rumph, and Philip Buchanon - I'm almost 100% positive that every last one of those guys ended up being 1st round draft choices. Combined with all of the talent on the offensive side of the ball, it's a shame that team only ended up winning the national championship in 2001.

I half agree about Butch Davis leaving and changing the situation, but I believe that Larry Coker was more than capable of continuing to build the dynasty. I really believe that the bullshit phantom pass interference against Ohio State in the 2002 title game really deflated their run. If that games ends differently, and they would have been able to continue the stretch they had from 2000-2002, I think the Canes could have been the greatest dynasty EVER in the history of college football. They easily could have won multiple national titles like you alluded to.

I'm from Pittsburgh, and I got to see them live in person during the 2001 season when they visited here to play Pitt. It was like men against boys. I've never seen anything like it, just pure domination. I'll never forget the score ended up being 43-21, and for Miami that year, it actually looked like they were given a tough game. But if I recall correctly, the Canes rolled out to a 21-0 lead in the first, and had the game all but put away before halftime, up 28-7. Was never as close as it might have looked!

Last edited by K1NG6; 09/17/14 05:55 PM.