[quote=Alfanosgirl]I still believe that the old timers from Brooklyn like Albert Anastasia, the Luciano/Genovese crew and the "Murder Inc" fellas clipped more people than any other mobsters. I wouldn't doubt if they took out a couple witnesses who got in their way while they were in route to clip a guy.

Back in the prohibition era it would be a cinch to clip five, ten guys at a time if they were trying to hijack your booze. The amount of bodies that add up are just too many to count. The old timers are the ones who would kill a civilian that would get in their way of making money. They had no qualms about it. These situations and killing civilians are something that rarely occurred in modern day times. That's why I just don't see the numbers with the De Meo crew and the other modern crews. killing civilians,the killing of innocent men,and women happened hundreds of times in the modern era. jimmy burkes crew killed many women, the Chicago outfit of the 40s, 50s killed many women, look what casso did, in the nineties, when galente was in prison he was always threating people that he would kill their families."we only kill our own" is a huge mafia myth.they killed many innocent civilians.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"