I was born in New Rochelle but moved to south Florida at the age of 7.

Around 8 years ago my wife, kids and I tried moving to NC as our area in Hollywood Fl was changing for the worst.

Its so cheap to live there we bought a house for cash. A nice 5 bed 2 story job not far from Lake Norman.

Money wise I just couldn't believe how cheap it was to live in NC. When I got my car insurance quote I said thats just for me for six months right? The lady no "honey child" thats for you AND your wife for six months.

But in the end I could only last 11 months there. First off they HATE Floridians there . They call us "Flor-idiots" and even worse...they hate Floridians who were born in NY (I guess you could say that my family passed a little of the accent on to me, and the area I grew up in in FL was 85% New Yorkers anyway)

In NC you could not get good bread and if you did find "decent" bread it was 4 bucks a loaf. AS far a pizza goes.... you're better of with Di Giorno frozen pizza. And Sausage....FORGET IT, they are cluless unless you're asking for "Jimmy Deans".

The other thing that I really came to understand is that you can't live in one place all your live and just up and move in your 40's. Its hard to make friends at that age, you miss your "real" friends, the ones you've know for 30 or more years.

About the only good I can say about NC was those shit kickers really know how to make "bald peanuts" (boiled peanuts) I love boiled peanuts.

I bought a lot of Ex-Lax in NC.......

Sal