Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

He was an undercover FBI agent. Completely different thing. And, although his work helped to convict many mob members and associates, he didn't bring down the 5 families.

Agreed, the wiretaps in the Commission Case and the rats in the concrete club case did much, much more damage.

I remember reading somewhere that Brasco's wire got probable cause for wiring some of the bosses for the commission case, anybody sure about that?

I think that Valachi, for what he personally knew is overrated, it's still disputed about how much of his testimony was his and how much of it was fed to him by the FBI through information through thoroughly illegal FBI wiretaps they couldn't present in any court without blowing the cover on their "black bag" jobs.

But there's no doubt that Valachi's testimony, concocted by the FBI or not, can rank up there as the most damaging.

This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this, hey, thats great. But it's very, very unpredictable. There are so many ways you can screw it up.-Paul Castellano (he would know)

"I'm not talking about Italians, I'm talking about criminals."-Joe Valachi