Originally Posted By: Snakes
Originally Posted By: mulberry
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Jimmy had all the horses. Plus, he would have had the backing of the Westside through his partnership in the paper association. And I've always believed that Chin would have gotten to Gotti anyway, and backed Jimmy and Danny as boss and underboss. If that all happened, things would probably be a lot different today.

I agree Chin wanted Gotti dead at one point, but by the 1990's he had too many problems with the Windows Case and Gas flipping. His days on the streets was on borrowed time with all the informants like Leonetti, Savino, D'Arco etc the feds had lined up to testify against him. The last thing he needed was a high profile murder and potential war.

If they had killed Gotti in that car bomb or some time in the 1980's, then things would have been very different. I wonder what would have happened to Gravano and the other conspirators.

Well, PB's "Gotti dies" scenario would have relied on all the stuff you mentioned not happening.

Exactly.

Mulberry raises a fair point, though. Vince DID have his hands full in the early '90s. But that assumption would also be based on the assumption that Vince was the ONLY Westside guy who wanted to hit Gotti. And I don't believe that he was.

Don't forget which crew was tasked with that hit in the first place. Bobby Manna's gonna die in jail because of those tapes. But don't forget, the guy who inherited that crew was pretty capable himself wink.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.