The only link he has to the mob is the Pete Calabro killing, which i personally find questionable. From everything i've read about it, it seems like the cops were trying to charge Pete with his wives murder so i don't really see the need for Sammy not to admit the killing. I imagine most will respond with he was a cop: dirty or not, but i think the timing of Kuklinskis claim to have killed Calabro on Sammy's order was suspicious. I'm certainly not a conspiracy theorist, but if i'm correct on the years (probably not) Kuklinski had been in jail well over a decade before mentioning the Calabro murder on HBO, something that wasn't talked about in the Carlo book and it was shortly after Gravano had bee arrested on the Arizona charges (again i may have the dates wrong).

If all i said there is correct i don't think it's a stretch to think that the FBI or whoever at least guided Kuklinski on his potential testimony before he died. I mean his claims of killing Hoffa,Favaro,Galante,etc, makes it clear that he was willing to say anything.