Quote:
Exactly how could anyone say a Mexican cartel is any less organized than the Columbo family for instance? Lol. I really think if a criminal group is organized it is an organized crime group. The Yakuza is the same. Sure this is a mafia website I agree. But still

I think when people say organized crime, they don't just mean a well thought out criminal enterprise, but also a group whose members or associates include the law enforcement and political class.

When you delineate it that way, you can neatly list organized crime groups on one side, and street gangs on the other, country by country. For instance, if the criminal enterprises down in Mexico or Colombia are intertwined with their respective governments, then that is organized crime regardless to how the media has portrayed them.

These Mac Ballers, if they have important law enforcement backing and not just a few beat cops on the payroll (I doubt this), then they could be thought of as more than just a powerful street gang.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."