Bookmaking, gambling, and a brothel outside Dayton ran by an associate of Joseph Vitale. Frank Costello dropped some of his slot machines in the area to both Costa and DeAngelo. Gus Zapas from Indianapolis had an outfit associate in there till the mid 60's. After Costa death, DeAngelo took over some of the gambling and a couple of the bookies, then Appalachin happened and things went down hill fast, with the Stepp gang becoming the most powerful gang in the area by the late 1960's. By the mid 1970's there was hardly any LCN presence with only DeAngelo top bookie Richard Skinner operating in Dayton, who would become independent after DeAngelo died in 1982, but still kicked up to Lonardo and Tronolone, just not that much anymore due to how he felt about Licavoli.

The guy you mentioned above, I am pretty sure is Ernie Stepp, Bill Stepp's brother. Ernie always took bets on basketball and was a big time bookie. Skinner only betted on football and horses, with the occacional baseball bets. Bill lasted a long time and passed away in the 2000's. I believe the Stepp brothers lasted so long was because Bill was an informant to the FBI. The other bookie left that was big as Ernie was only Skinner, there are a few others but none in the same league as those two, and Skinner may have been bigger then Ernie was.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green