Ive have spent quite a while reading this lengthy and argumentative thread, and being a relatively new member (although i used to post on the old messge board waaaaayyy back in the day)and may be inviting myself a lot of mickey taking but here go's

I, too believe that Fredo had an idea, he was a corleone, not the brightest apple in the tree, but then nor was Sonny for blurting out what he was thinking in pt 1 or Connies plain refusal that Carlo was behind Sonnys killing, at the end of the day Fredo was a human being taken in by a very devious man, and in the end of the film that way he says 'ok al' i just feel that he knew death was coming, one way or another. Just a thought but perhaps Fredo knew that he was going to die and didnt care i.e. he had nothing to live for and wanted to die? just a thought, later on im going to start a thread on my percieved Innocence of Fredo and Pentangeli.

BTW - No amount of ridicule or piss-taking will deflect my views! It all about opinions at the end of the day, nobody knows the true answers

Sonny - Well then, business will have to suffer, all right? And listen, do me a favor, Tom. No more advice on how to patch things up, just help me win, please