Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
I don't get what you say SC. I'm not trying to twist your words here, that was the last guess at what you were saying. You say pb's point is valid in light of all that I said about how in a poor neighborhood protest inevitably leads to looting. So could you please clarify what you meant?

@Afseneh

I think SC meant what I meant. And I'll rephrase it so it doesn't get redundant.

We're not talking about a peaceful protest, or what the motivation of the poor and marginalized is, or even whether or not the cop was in the wrong or in the right. We're talking about the violent aftermath. The question is, what's to be gained by looting and rioting and burning down the very place where you live?

And I think the only objective answer is, nothing. There's no upside to burning down your own neighborhood. That's all the acknowledgement I was looking for before this became a free-for-all.

Being angry clouds judgement, and that's what I think we are seeing. After MLK's assassination many cities were burning. We can just hope that the anger stops soon there.