Originally Posted By: njcapo35
Originally Posted By: GerryLang
I thought it was Gino Tripodi who Stanfa was talking to, but I might be wrong. Most of the Sicilian around Stanfa either became rats or didn't have the stomach to fight, like Tripodi who went back to Italy for awhile.

Lang here's the article about Battaglia who was talking to Stanfa in the office about cutting Lucibello's tongue out and mailing it to his wife...Cheers

http://articles.philly.com/1996-03-30/ne...ino-john-stanfa

ahh yes, I got the names all mixed up.

During his 18 months in the mob, Battaglia admitted that he planned to kill 17 people. ``You're 0 for 17,'' said defense attorney Edwin Jacobs.

He explained his many failed attempts to kill rival mobster Joseph ``Skinny Joey'' Merlino: ``I had a lot of misfortunes. I didn't kill him.''

After quizzing Battaglia on his mob income, F. Emmett Fitzpatrick asked: ``That's nowhere near what you were making in the automobile business, was it?'' Battaglia explained more than once: ``I didn't want to be a car salesman anymore, I wanted to be a gangster.''

Idiot.

Was making good money at his parents dealership and wanted to be a wiseguy, making less money

damn shame, ran them into the ground