Quote:
Originally posted by Krlea:
[quote]Originally posted by howardsternisgod:
[b]

Double-J - I understand that you think Howard Stern is tasteless, and that is fine, but since when does tastelessness pass the criteria of being indecent? Furthermore, Howard Stern has never had anything on the air that was X-rated. Not once.
Yea right! ha ha ha. I remember watching his television show alot in college, which is, correct me if I'm wrong just a televised version of his radio show. The most disgusting thing I've ever seen was this woman allowing this perverted fat man to shove his big toe into her vagina. I was with a bunch of friends and every last one of us was going to throw up. Sure there was a teeny tiny blur mark covering her but everyone knows exactly what was going on.[/b][/quote]You seem to be missing a crucial point here that nobody has raised, thus far: where, in the FCC's rules and regulations, does it say that nobody can broadcast a "woman allowing this perverted fat man to shove his big toe into her vagina"? I have a copy of the rules and regulations governing radio and I can tell you from an insider's view that this is precisely the problem with the FCC: it is worded so ambiguously that nobody is quite sure what can and cannot be said or done. As far as that particular episode, listen closely to how it was described: was it risque? Yes. Was it vulgar and indecent? Definitely not. If it was, then WXRK New York would have definitely lost its license by now.
Also, I must repeat myself: Howard Stern has never said or done anything X-rated on the air, and his show on E! Entertainment Television has never contained anything that was X-rated. Someone sticking his toe in a woman's vagina may be tasteless but it is hardly X-rated...plus, it generates ratings, and as we all know, ratings equal cash. Not to mention the fact that that particular episode was pretty good.

"Opinions are like buttholes...everyone has one and they all stink."
Howard Stern, circa 1986