Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[quote]Originally posted by plawrence:
[b]Of course they do. I just don't think it's the job of the government to do the job for the parents.
And what happens when parent's aren't doing their job? Sure, you watch TV with your son. My parents did the same thing. But what about the parents who plug their kids into the TV while they go down to the corner to buy some crack? Or they get to know Jack Daniels better while little Johnny is watching Howard Stern? [/b][/quote]I can think of far worse activities their kids can be involved in than watching Howard Stern.

As I said in one of my posts above, there is always a trade-off in keeping our civil liberties intact.

A few kids watching Howard Stern seems to me to be a small price to pay for the right of adults to watch him or not watch him as they see fit.

And I don't beieve it's the governemnt's job to act as surrogate parents.

I don't know if you attend UB because you live in Buffalo, or live there because you attend UB.

But I wonder how you or your friends feel about the concept of in loco parentis ...the idea that the school should act as your parents in their absence.

"Difficult....not impossible"