Originally Posted By: The_Chin
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: The_Chin
Frank Cali was choosen to be the new Gambino boss, but he said ''No thanks''- to Nicky Cefalu.

Cefalu has been itching to retire and Cali was supposed to take over, but he didn't want the head ache, plus his crew is making plenty. Here's a link

http://www.businessinsider.com/mob-pick-for-godfather-turns-down-job-2013-7

But Cefalu is still pushing for retirement. Who do you think will take over? Personally, If Cali doesn't take the reigns I think it's gonna be Louis Ricco, one if not THE most poweful capo in the crime family. Consigliere Corozzo might also have a shot..

Louie is basically semi-retired. He barely leaves home, and he doesn't want it. I say this because he doesn't need any undeserved attention. He's 85 years old. I say let him rest wink.

But you're right about his being a tremendous power in that family. When Gotti put Tommy Gambino in charge of Connecticut, it was basically a paper position. Everything went through Louie and his nephew. Everything. His clout covered the Bronx, Westchester, North Jersey and Fairfield. And he has plenty of pull in Florida, too.

As far as "who's gonna be boss?" and all that, I try not to speculate. I just don't see the point, and it often brings light to things that should be left in the dark. But it's fine of you want to.

And welcome to the board, Chin. I think you'll like it here smile.

I like speculating, it's interesting. But who's taken over as Consigliere since Corozzo is retired? didn't know that..

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
And welcome to the board, Chin. I think you'll like it here smile.

Haha, thanks. I was actually waiting for it and wondering why you hadn't welcomed me yet like I've seen you welcomed others :-P

Corozzo didn't retire he was replaced by Vernace..