Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
Yep HK is right, I found the FBI files on Patriarca and it mentioned around 9/24/63 or 9/25/63 Bianco was made into the New England family at some special ceremony at "Roma's" in New York when the books were actually closed.

It seems they made him to try and keep the Gallo Gang in check since Bianco was with them and made and of course to keep the peace.

It didn't mention if he was made into the New England or Colombo family but I would assume since Ray put him up he was under him? What are your thoughts Hairy?

It is confusing. Below are two passages clearly stating that Bianco was made into the New England Family. How the heck he ended up being a Gallo associate prior to getting made (and a Brooklynite) is a mystery to me. Perhaps they had a mutual business interest or met in prison in the 1950s?

I´ve also seen a passage in a FBI flie stating that Bianco was made for the sole purpose of being the mediator in the Gallo/Profaci war. (But I can´t find the passage now.) The Gallos refused to come to the table as long as Bianco wasn´t made. Making Bianco shows that the bosses were willing to go to great lengths in order to settle the conflict peacefully.

Not that long after the statements in the passages shown above, Bianco was listed as a Colombo soldier and in Joe Colombo´s crew. So apparently he had transfered from Patriarca Family to the Colombos.

[Linked Image]