I have two friends who knew Williams very well. They both describe him as a very decent guy. One of them tells the story of when he was appearing at one of the comedy clubs in L.A. He was doing his routine when he looked out the front window of the club and saw his car being driven out of the parking lot. He panicked and ran outside just at the exact moment Robin was pulling into the parking lot. My friend told Williams what was happening (the repo man took his car) and Williams told him, "Get in", and they followed the the tow truck for five miles. At a stop light, my friend jumped out and approached the repo man, begging him to let the car off the hook. He promised the tow driver money, drugs, etc. but the driver wouldn't listen. Williams got out of his car and spoke to the repo man (my friend couldn't hear what he was saying) and within two minutes the car was released.

THis was back in 1980 (when Williams was starring in "Mork and Mindy").

Willaims' death has really saddened me. Besides the fact that he was the same age as me it is hard to accept that I'll never see him do a tv interview again and I'll never see him in a new movie.