plawrence - Thank you for notifying me about this thread and yes, I do agree wholeheartedly with you. Even though I am a supporter of President Bush, I cannot stand what is happening with the airwaves under his administration, and I don't think Michael Powell knows what he is doing at all.

Double-J - I understand that you think Howard Stern is tasteless, and that is fine, but since when does tastelessness pass the criteria of being indecent? Furthermore, Howard Stern has never had anything on the air that was X-rated. Not once. You can say he is a prick and such, but that does not make him indecent. I agree with you and President Bush on many things, you know that, but the policing of the airwaves is one thing I have always had a problem with, if not just because it is so goddamn ridiculous. There is a "power" button on televisions and radios for a reason...use it. I have a situation and a question to ask of you: with the FCC rules and regulations as they are now, you do realize that it is entirely possible (and has happened before) for literally one person to be offended, record what they found offensive, and report it to the FCC, resulting in a show or personality getting taken off the air, and in some cases, an entire station losing its license, right? Do you really find it fair that one person who was offended can effectively take away the rights of millions of people who were not offended?

"Opinions are like buttholes...everyone has one and they all stink."
Howard Stern, circa 1986