I agree TommyG, Anthony is not made. He's a putz. I loved what Joey said about him during the trial:

"But one reader who clearly wasn't happy with the Borgesi family rant was Joey Merlino. The erstwhile Philadelphia mob boss who was tried and convicted with Borgesi and five others back in 2001 is now living in Boca Raton, finishing his final year of federal supervised release (formerly known as parole) and continuing to vow that he will not be returning to South Philadelphia.

In the Daily News article published last Friday, Anthony Borgesi decried the fact that his brother has been denied bail in the pending case and pointed out that he has (like Merlino) finished his 14-year sentence for the 2001 conviction.

Joey
"Joey got out years ago," Anthony Borgesi told the Daily News. (In fact, Merlino was released in 2011). "People come up to me in the city and they can't understand why my brother's not out. He couldn't even get bail."

Merlino said in a telephone interview this week that he read the article and was surprised by Anthony Borgesi's comments.

"What's he saying, that I should still be in jail? " he asked. "Do they want me back in jail?"

"Merlino also said he thought Anthony Borgesi was off base in portraying his brother as a victim of discrimination. According to the Daily News piece, Anthony Borgesi argued that his brother's constitutional rights were being denied, that the government was "playing dirty." And he added that if his brother were Black, the country wouldn't stand for it"

Read more at http://www.bigtrial.net/2013/11/retrial-rehash-for-ligambi-borgesi.html#whSzL5ZQ5bVUOYIt.99

Last edited by Beanshooter; 08/08/14 04:46 PM.