Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
If I say I'm "On the street, and in the know" like other posters do, will it be more believable that there is no family left in New Orleans????

Cause I can totally go that route if it ends the debate, since some guys refuse to believe in the facts...

Here is an article and a statement from the Police Chief in Metairie, LA.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/07/sniper_van_found_in_metairie_b.html

**These statements by Police Chief Rick Richard:

"Gagliano's father, "Muffaletta Frank" Gagliano, and his boss, Anthony Carollo, "considered" themselves the heirs to the mob once run by Carlos Marcello, evidence from the '90s federal prosecution showed. Over meals at a back table at Frank's restaurant on Decatur Street, "the crew plotted the revival of the Marcello syndicate," with an infusion of cash from a clandestine entry into Louisiana's newly created legal gambling market, and an alliance with New York Mafia families.

"But it never amounted to much more than talk, Richard said. And the gangsters never called on the expertise of snipers to protect their racket. They seemed not to resort much to violence at all, Richard said."

"Those guys would say, 'This guy better not cross me, or else', like they were godfathers. But we never saw any of that," Richard said. "We never saw any violence from them."

When the "local" Police Chief makes a statement that Gagliano and Corallo "considered" themselves godfathers, that says it all. On the local police level, the cops are even laughing at the fact that these guys think they are the head of a family. New Orleans went down the tubes when Carlos Marcello died. Some leftovers? Yes. Were they recognized as a family from law enforcement and other families? No.

Remnants of a family doesn't mean that New Orleans has a powerful, structured LCN family.

Uncle Charlie once said; "Don't get into pissing matches with skunks."