Originally Posted By: Bugsyvegas1930
Originally Posted By: ChiTown
lol I wasn't aware that certain posters had the authority to set the universal standards around what constitutes a "formal leadership structure" and a mafia family from the comfort of their computer chairs thousands of miles away.

Even if it's a few Italian guys who are descendants of major gangsters running a small book, it's organized crime and worth discussing on this forum. No one forces you to read these threads. Consider skipping the, if it bothers you so much that people want to talk and guess what's going on in certain cities.

While I understand your point Chitown, let's not call New Orleans or Tampa a "family." And I believe you misinterpreted the previous statements. The source for the "posters" is the U.S. Justice Department and the FBI. Technically, you could call a gang of african americans who are robbing houses "an organized crime" ring since it takes some organization by the members to rob a house.

I don't know what is so hard to understand that the only families still in existence that are LCN are: The 5 in NY, Chicago, Philly, New Jersey, New England (which is in bad shape and closer to going extinct) and Detroit. I'd have to say that the U.S. Justice Department and the FBI know a little more about the topic than you do.

Assimilation has done more to decimate the mob than the FBI has done. Outside of NYNJ there is no more recruiting ground and hasn't been for decades