Originally Posted By: Bugsyvegas1930
To get back on topic, I don't understand why most posters do not consider the longtime bosses of smaller families to be as influential or powerful. Many of them wielded quite a bit of power not just in their local area, but throughout the states and in some cases, their power went beyond the state government. Food for thought.

I dont know whats whit you and all these small fimilies?!What you wanna talk about Dallas?Ok than...theres only Carlos Mracello,yes he was big and that was that.You wanna talk about Tampa?Santo Trafficante and thats it.IN Chicago you have many bosses more powerful than thouse two,not to mention NY.Also the population in thouse two cities is bigger than Dallas or Tampa for example.The NY italian mob together with jewish mobsters like Lansky had connections worldwide.The Chi mob during Giancanas reign had also connections world wide.Ever heard of Hy Larner?Yes the the smaller families were also very powerful but they all answered to the big ones.They all had their own DIFFERENT shares.I laught at the people who belive that TRafficante was involved in Giancanas or Rosellis murder.LOL Santo couldnt even get in Chicago with out ttheir approval.Some1 also once said the Bufalino was the top mob boss in the country...i mean common.lol

Again yes they were powerful but not as the powerful as the big families.Thats why we use the word "BIG".IF you wanna make them more powerful than the allegedly big ones,than you cannot convince me buddy...dunno about the rest of the posters

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good