Originally Posted By: Facchia
What proof do have that that is advice was "sought after & more importantly valued"? Roemer's love note of a book to him??? That fact that he was willing to take a midnight meeting with an FBI agent not really fully knowing the agenda of the agent or the meeting speaks volumes.

Through reports with many other high ranking crime figures as well as federal law enforcement, it has been widely understood that the Big Tuna's decisions and advice was widely respected. I'm not saying he wasn't an FBI source of information, and it wouldn't surprise me, but it is mere speculation that he was in fact a dry snitch. I never in a million years would have thought that Jackie Presser was a dry snitch...but he was. While Accardo's house was certainly flamboyant, he was vastly different from Momo as Momo chased Hollywood celebrity types and was out on the scene and more visible than Accardo ever was. Phyllis MaGuire, Angie Dickinson and whoever else. If you're judging his flamboyance over his house, guys like Castellano, Salerno, Frank Balistrieri, Junior Gotti, Santo Traficante etc have to be included in that discussion. Also, keep in mind that many other mobsters have taken meetings with agents...maybe he wanted to know what the agents knew, maybe he wanted to feel the agent out to see if there were pending indictments, maybe he wanted to see if any of his men were compromised...that's actually not that unordinary for a respected mafioso to sit down and hear what an agent is pitching.

This topic has turned into Accardo being an informer, maybe the topic should be another thread.

Last edited by Bugsyvegas1930; 08/04/14 11:33 AM.

Uncle Charlie once said; "Don't get into pissing matches with skunks."