It's all relevant regarding law enforcement and the bottom line is for guys like Maggadino and LaRocca and Scalish, they were surveilled daily with phones tapped like any other bosses. The smaller families had less stool pigeons because most of the members were blood relatives. Cleveland had more influence in the Teamsters than a majority of large families through the Presser family and owned almost all locals in their area...the heart and soul of America with labor, trucking, manufacturing, the docks and the auto industry.

The point is that the guys I mentioned have to be considered as top bosses as they did indeed run their cities and expansive geographic areas with an iron fist. Pittsburgh for example had all of Western PA, Northeast Ohio, the panhandle of West Virginia and Jamestown, NY. That's four states.

They were all targets of the McClellan Committee, the Kefauver hearings etc. the local media in the smaller cities wrote as many if not more articles on OC since there wasn't a whole lot to write about. These guys died multi millionaires and for many of them that I mentioned, they were reclusive and quiet and didn't need to act like a whack job wearing a bathrobe and hiding in the shower with an umbrella. I'm a fan of NY and Chicago, but my point is that there were as many other bosses who lived by the rules and made boatloads of money running their families. For all intensive purposes, all of these guys were part of the same organization, the American LCN.

Last edited by Bugsyvegas1930; 08/04/14 07:49 AM.

Uncle Charlie once said; "Don't get into pissing matches with skunks."