Originally Posted By: SC
pb, dunno if you remember Eight O'Clock coffee (from the old A&P days) but it's still sold in many supermarkets now and it's quite good. If you've never tried it, I'd recommend it.

Love it, SC. Do you remember the grinders right at the checkout counter? The checker would grind the beans while you were writing your check or getting your money out. But I've seen it on the shelves at Stop and Shop recently, so I don't think the A&P owns the product exclusively anymore. But I'm not too sure either way.

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
You mention McDonald's coffee & sparked a memory. A few years ago I was visiting my parents in MI. They were pretty much set (like most older people) in their routine. We went to mass Sunday morning and then right to McDonald's. My dad said that although he wasn't crazy about their burgers, he liked their coffee. smile

Small world, Tis. Or maybe not, because older people seem to have the same habits everywhere. But my Dad, who's going on 85, is living here almost full time now because he has a hernia. Anyway, he insists that my wife or my son drop him off at the McDonalds on Philip and Tremont here in Throggs Neck at ten o'clock every morning. He has a two hour "breakfast" with half-a-dozen like minded seniors smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.