Originally Posted By: dsbaloo
I think its more of the fact that he was a spender/drinker/gambler that made him a "brokester".. he made $ he just couldn't keep it in his pocket.. he had hal irving and the german on record with him.. and he did run a book and the bank came straight from 282's pension fund..
I heard he lost 200k in a high stakes game that goes on in a certain hotel in midtown..so he owed 200k plus 4 a week in juice that he didn't have, to Frankie and butters, Frankie ended up dead and eventually he paid butters back after a sit down.
ive been told he went from nobody to boss just writing wagers..

That's all true. And I know you didn't find that online wink. But he's pretty well off right now.

Re Jackie as an "ass kisser." I honestly think that's been overblown. The guy had his button before Gotti rose to power, so it's not like Gotti made him.

I honestly think they just enjoyed each other's company and bonded over the gambling. Gamblers are ALWAYS drawn to each other. It's a fact of life.

And sure, Jackie was always a little too talkative at the Gotti trials. Especially the last one. But I think he was speaking out of genuine affection. I really do.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.