Michael DiLeonardo testimony says Jackie was a captain since 1986

http://www.onewal.com/nw-dileo.html

Under the Wing of Jackie Nose

Q. Now, did there come a time later that same year, we're in 1986, that your own captain, Lilo Garafola, passed away?
A. Yes.
Q. And who succeeded him in that position?
A. Jackie D'Amico.
Q. Jack D'Amico, is he known by any other names on the street?
A. "Jackie Nose".
Q. And I'm showing you government's exhibit 15 on the screen. Who is that?
A. Jackie Nose.
Q. And you say his nickname is "Jackie Nose." How did he come by that name?
A. He had his nose fixed, he had a big, distorted nose at onetime.
Q. What was the nature of your relationship with Jackie Nose D'Amico from that point forward when he succeeded Lilo Garafola as your captain?
A. I was with Jack almost every day.
Q. Now, did there come a time that Jackie "Nose" D'Amico proposed you for membership to be straightened out as a soldier in the Gambino family?
A. Yes.
Q. When, approximately, was that?
A. When did he propose me?
Q. Yeah.
A. Almost immediately.
Q. So around '86, '87?
A. Right.
Q. Did D'Amico have any suggestions for you as to how you could raise your profile to increase your chances of getting straightened out?
A. Yes, he wanted me to come around the Ravenite whenever they were open, whenever John was there -- he wanted me to be around the boss more often -- or go out to the Bergen Hunt and Fish on Saturday.
Q. And what was the Bergen Hunt and Fish?
A. That was John Gotti's headquarters.
Q. John Gotti, Sr.?
A. Senior.
Q. And did you actually start attending these social clubs?
A. Yeah.
Q. As recommended?
A. Yes, I did.
Q. And by 1988, approximately how many times a week were you at John Gotti, Sr.'s social club, the Ravenite, on Mulberry Street?
A. That would be three or four.
Q. And who would you see there on a weekly basis?
A. Just about everybody in the family. Throughout that week, everybody would come.
Q. Just name a few.
A. Jimmy Brown, Danny Marino, Sammy Gravano, Louie Milito, Mario Cina, Tony C. old-timer from New Jersey, a captain. Louie Brag, another captain. Gregg DePalma.

Last edited by Beanshooter; 07/26/14 04:25 AM.