Originally Posted By: mulberry
FBI agents are assigned their cases. They don't get to pick and choose. Do you think DC is telling the local agents to spend years and millions of dollars to go after bookies or going after drug cartels and terrorists? There hasn't been a bust in Chicago in years. Maybe all the Outfit guys retired and are washing dishes for a living. Outside of the northeast the feds don't care about bookies. The government is all about justifying your budget. Try to justify spending $10 million to put some bookies in jail for 2 years. See how that flies with your bosses at the DOJ

thanks for making my point for me. like said, whatever criminal group in a certain region that is seen as a threat is going to take priority, so if the fbi in detroit hasn't spent much time going after the local mob, that pretty much says it all right there. as far as chicago, i believe the fbi squad focused on oc in that city is responsible for not only lcn, but eastern european groups as well. we have no idea what they are working on right now, for all we know something big could be in the works. or just maybe, the amount of street activity in chicago just isn't what some wish it was.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!