In a different argument Tony says to Carmela "You equate love with money." Then Carmela responds, "No, you equate love with money!" This issue is brought up again in the Whitecaps episode when Tony mentions how Carmela would have never been happy without a wealthy husband and nice home. I think they both equate love with money, but Carmela in particular. I actually think this is one of her worst qualities. A few examples of her greed....

1) Tony buys her a new Porsche. Carmela is excited but says, "I still wish you had talked to that building inspector." As if she can't just say thanks for the new Porsche without complaining about more.

2) When Tony wants to move back in after they were separated. As part of the deal, Carmela basically requires that Tony buy her a property for her to build a spec house on. This was pretty awful. If you get back together, do it because you love each other, not so you can build a house and have a project.

3) Carmela's therapist tells her to leave Tony and get a divorce. Carmela goes home and tells Tony to donate $50,000 to Meadow's school and says "You have to do something nice for me today Tony." Even though Tony doesn't know what she means, she is contemplating divorcing Tony unless he ponies up 50k.

4) Tony buys Carmela something nice (the fur jacket I believe). Carmela tells Tony, "I love you Tony. I should tell you that more often." Tony responds, "Nobody's stopping you." She only thinks of saying this after Tony buys her an expensive gift.