Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: durkadurka
I happen to know that they inducted 20 guys or so since 2000. Jackie the kid is a no nonsense kind of guy with a lot of people around him, especially the guys in Canada. If anybody tries to challenge him he'll give the nod to the hitters in Winsdor and it's over. The Florida, Texas, and California guys have all fallen into line already and mark my word are sending up very nice envelopes to John. The old man was sharp but was getting a little senile in his last few years and he knew that if he didn't give up power to John before he croaked their would be a war with a lot of bodies being left out onto the streets. Lets just hope the government doesn't waste their time on some respectable Italians and actually goes after the real criminals in congress instead.

You happen to know they have inducted 20 guys since 2000? Sure you do, pal. rolleyes

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
Thats where you are wrong. I don't "want them to have 50 or 60 members" I could care less how many members they have, they could have 5, or 500 and it would make no difference to me.

But when it comes to whos word I tend to lean towards when it comes to Detroit information, I take Scotts word as he has FBI contacts in Detroit and other sources as well, and isn't some random BS artist poster from Detroit that pretends to be in the know to seem cool.

You say you don't care one way or the other but why do you ignore all the other evidence and just go with what Scott says? It's because you're happy to have him spoon feed you what you want to hear. What about "most experts" mentioned above in that article that tend to think the mob's presence is confined primarily in the Northeast and Chicago today? You completely ignore them. There isn't close to the mob activity in Detroit today that even small families in New England or Philadelphia have and yet you still believe it has as many members as those families do. The feds had the family at a max of 30 members 15-20 years ago but you believe it's almost doubled in size since then, despite so many members dying off in recent years. You do care. Which is why you go with one source and nothing else.

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
It isn't just Detroit, its any family.

His motto is, if there aren't a bunch of indictments...and or the feds didnt say it...it isnt true.

Good post overall though.

I don't find it hard to believe there are close to 40 made guys though, but I could be off.

I don't think he made 20 guys, I think it was like 3-5 each ceremony...

and Jackie will probably make the other 5 within a year or 2 now that Tocco has passed and the decision is his alone.

But again, that is just me speculating.

Yup. It is any family. Because the same factors apply across the board. Detroit isn't "different" or "special" or knows how to stay "under the radar" anymore than another family does. Those are worn-out phrases used by internet posters who can't let their prized crime family go.

And one may be able to discount the lack of mob busts as not necessarily meaning much in the short term. But, over the long term, the evidence (or lack thereof) cannot be ignored. There's just little in the way to support these claims that what's left of the mob in Detroit has either the size of scope that some claim it does. We won't see another bust in Detroit like the one in 1996 again.

Because he has forgotten more about the Detroit mob than you know. That's why.

Why would I ever go with what you have to say over Scott? He has sources in Detroit. You have google.