Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
There were 29 members cited back in the big 1996 bust. 5 years later, in 2001, one article cited 30 members. So it's highly unlikely they have 40, 50, or more members today like some charts show. Even if they have been making new members in recent years, they almost certainly have not been able to keep up with the 20+ members or possible members who have died since 2000. If you look at the cases, what few there have been, what's left of the family is into bookmaking and some loansharking. Possibly some card games still. As well as whatever legit businesses they have. I've seen nothing about extortion of strip clubs, let alone the street tax that led to the 1996 case. And they have virtually no involvement in drugs. No labor union racketeering that I can see either.

The mafia has a strict hierarchical structure, law-enforcement officials said, and it has proven capable of finding new soldiers. Even after imprisonment of senior leadership, it survives, and in some places thrives, though most experts agree that its operations are now largely confined to its traditional bases in the Northeast and Chicago.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052748704115404576096392318489246

So, Scott Burnstein...who has written several critically acclaimed books and has done articles and videos for reputable news sites, just made up some names and put them on a list out of nowhere?

I forgot, Ivyleague of the internet is the end all be all.