Originally Posted By: Little_Frankie
I would say Silverman is about %80 full of shit. He was a Medford wannabe drug dealer so the parts of his story about hanging out with Anthony Barry and the rest of those scum bags is probably correct or pretty close but those guys were not LCN. They were just psycho, murdering drug pushers. This is a FACT! Those guys were known to the local mob but that's it. Otherwise, just about every bit of LCN stuff he touched on was fabricated bullshit. pmac is also spot on. The guys he mentions in his book are as old school as old school gets. Guys like Sonny Boy and Spucky. He says he blew off a meeting with Spucky at the Oyster House? Bullshit! #1, Spucky would never meet someone there and #2, you don't blow off a guy like Spucky and live to right a book about it. As far as Sonny Boy, him and Q Ball were the power in Revere around that time but they weren't making people. That was Frank Seleme's job. Plus, there is no way those guys would make a kid with a Jewish last name.

Plain and simple, his book is about a kid who sold some drugs in Medford and MAYBE rubbed elbows with a few connected guys. From there, he fabricated the rest. Anyone who was around back then will agree with everything I posted. The reason he is able to get away with it is because it was a small circle of idiots and no one gives a shit to prove him wrong.

I'm pretty sure that there is more truth in this statement than there is in Silverman's entire book.