Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: carmela
Originally Posted By: Italianheritage

I have seen videos on youtube about the mob and the person who made them claimed to be Sicilian and claimed that everyone that's Sicilian can trace their ancestry back to someone who was involved in OC; but that is not true.

I believe it is true.

Carmela's right. There's never more than a few degrees of separation between a person of Sicilian descent and someone who was involved in the life on the Island at some point.

I don't believe it.

The majority of people from Sicily are just like everyone else, and not involved in crime.

The idea that "most people from Sicily" are or are related to someone who is involved in the mob is just as bad of a stereotype that "All or most Italians/Italian-Americans are involved in the mob".

Do the research the numbers don't add up in regards to the claim that if you are Sicilian or have a Sicilian heritage as a lot of Sicilian people moved to other regions of Italy or to the United States that this means you are related to someone who was in the mob either in Italy or the USA.

I do get tired of non-Italians or non-Italian American people believing the mob stereotype about us though.

Last edited by DoctorTwink; 07/07/14 03:54 PM.