Just an observation: the opposition between mafia vs government, that the government can be as bad as the mafia, is possible only for the Italian-American mafia. In Italy, for example, the government itself IS the mafia, at least partially, the mafia isn't really "opposite" to the state, they are rooted into each other very deeply with no visible border between them, otherwise it wouldn't be mafia but just street thugs.

It would be interesting to know whether in America they have made members among politicians, not just ones on the payroll.

As for rooting for bad guys, I agree with this only in cases when they kill a murderer of their friends or relatives, when the police doesn't want to help.

MemphisMafia, if Nicodemo beats the case, he won't flip and we will never know the last interesting peace of mafia history in Philly that he is able to provide. So I think it's better if he gets convicted, so there is a strong reason for him to talk.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 07/06/14 05:16 AM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."