Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
All respect to PB I do think this is simplifying what Garcia did.

When Greg got out in 2003 NO ONE wanted anything to do with him outside of Craig and his friends. The other Bronx skippers and local soldiers kept him at arm's length from the day he came home. He was a laughingstock at the time. I do give him credit for getting himself back in action, but the guys who mattered never looked at him the same way again (except for Tony, but there were exigent circumstances there that I'm not going into here).

He got in with Greg's crew. Hung out with ALOT of wiseguys. Hell, NOBODY in Gregs entourage called him out.

And again, who exactly was in Greg's crew in 2003 that didn't "call him out"? You got one thing right. It was an entourage at that point, it wasn't a crew anymore.

So IMO Garcia fooled more than a dated ageing old gangster.

Did he fool Mario? Did he fool Louie? Did he fool Nicky? Did he fool Angelo? Did he fool the guy who was babysitting Tore's crew at the time? Do you even know the guy who was babysitting Tore's crew at the time?

My point is, it wasn't just Greg who wasn't the same at that point. It was the fact that the crew that he worked with for twenty years wasn't there anymore (and like I said, the few guys who were kept him at arm's length). But from now on, I'll be sure to defer to you on all matters regarding the Bronx tongue grin .

Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
I agree with you Sonny. GArcia was a like a professional undercover. He specialized in working undercover and he did it throughout his whole career on many, many cases for the Feds.

I don't disagree with you, Beanshooter. And I certainly don't hate cops. But what Garcia did here in the Bronx wasn't his finest hour.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.