Originally Posted By: mldetroit
I'm surprised that some of you think Pistone was full of shit - or dirty. There was a contract on Pistone, even it it was just so the mob could save face and was more for show. When Lefty got out of prison he went to Massino and requested permission to kill Pistone and Massino turned him down. You can't blame him for how a documentary is edited. He sits there and answers questions and a production company takes care of the rest. I am generally not a fan of police, but I find it impossible not to respect Pistone. It was a big deal what he did at that time.

We never claimed what he did wasn't a big deal at the time. What annoys me is the additional bullshit about the fake contract on his life and taking credit for things others did or things that never happened. Out of his mouth he claimed there was a $500,000 contract on his life from the Commission. He said he took down the whole Bonanno Family. He's still walking around with those stupid sunglasses all the time. I respect him for what he did, but I lose respect for him because of the additional BS. The worst part is he's on so many documentaries telling the same lies over and over.