Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Im assuming Bronx crews still exist in within the Genovese Family (Dom, Parello, Joe D) and are there replacements for Louie Ricco and Tore LoCasio? I thought Tore was still active, he's quite young (53 is nowhere near retiring age in the mob)

The Genovese family still seems to be very active in the Bronx. Of course, it's important to differentiate between a crew that is based in an area and one that just has some operatives there. Genovese captains who have been identified as either having crews based in the Bronx or at least operating there in recent years include Barney Bellomo and Ernie Muscarella, Joseph Dente Jr., Peter DiChiara, Angelo Prisco (doing life), Danny Leo, Patsy Parrello, and the late John Ardito.

The last I read, Andy Campos has been the acting captain for the Locascio crew while Tore was in prison or in Florida. The Locascio and Ricco crews are separate.

Originally Posted By: Footreads
What about non Italian gangs thst lurk in the bronx like the Albanians?

I know no one can deal with them. Not the Italians not even the Russians.

A lot of that is media hype. There has been lots of interaction between the Italians and Albanians in the Bronx.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.