Originally Posted By: NE1020
I thought it was pretty good although I wouldn't call it a true mafia movie. I can understand why people dislike it though, considering the movie is based on a true story and it doesn't come off as particularly accurate. e.g. the couple being some sweet couple who are doing the public a service when in real life they were just some low-life junkies. Not to mention Andy Garcia's character comes across as someone Mario Puzo would have wrote up in one his novels.

See, that's just the shit I fucking hate. Now don't get me wrong, Puzo's books and the GF films are great, and they seemed realistic at the time they were written. But once John Q. Public has seen Tony Soprano pick up his morning paper in his underwear, and bang hooker after hooker, its hard to choke down that holier-than-thou, man-of-honor dialogue. Like wiseguys ever really talk like that anyway. Not to mention the fact that most people with even a passing interest in the mob know better today.

And everyone knows me here; I'm no mob apologist. But the Uvas were bottom feeding white fucking trash who got exactly what they deserved. And it seems to me (just from what I'm reading here, I haven't seen the film), that they're portrayed as fucking Robin Hoods. And I really hate that shit rolleyes.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.