Originally Posted By: Footreads
Before I answer you probably know I don't like the way Jurgen trained the US team.

Even members of the 2006 German team complained after the tournament that JK sacrificed technical and tactical elements in training to focus on the physical. Lahm even said he felt like his legs were heavy and it was too much emphasis on the physical.

JK has a history of this, and he is so consumed with physical preparation that he overtrains in my opinion. We hear it all the time about him; but that's his coaching philosophy. An interview was done with the physio from the 02/06/10 World Cup teams for the US and he said, in his professional opinion, when multiple players on the same team pull their hamstrings before fatigue has set in, there was something wrong with their preparation. Both Altidore and Besler's hamstrings were in the first half, world class athletes like them who have trained for over a month should be able to play 45 minutes without fatigue, and then in the second half Bedoya was holding his hamstring when he was subbed off as well.

Have i lost my mind or were we talking about penalty kicks confused ?