Originally Posted By: getthesenets
@Ivy,Wasn't meant to deflect from the subject. Just to point out obvious contradictions between your stance and points on this topic with the history of your chosen faith.

Of course it was meant as a deflection. And there are no contradictions between my stance on this topic and the history of my faith. Show me some, pal. I'm far more familiar with LDS doctrine than you are. I think I would know. You're just going off old lies that have been told about us for years. Put up or shut up.

Quote:
You are the one deflecting a bit as the ban on priesthood wasn't random and had to be based on things along the lines of what I alluded to(blacks and the devil).

You're allusion has no basis in fact. You're talking out of your ass. There is nothing in LDS doctrine that says blacks are demons or whatever else you're claiming. As the scriptures say, "God is no respecter of persons." I explained the actual LDS doctrine to you and you just don't want to hear it. You want to hold onto your false belief about us for one reason or another. Again, put up or shut up.

Quote:
I've read you make comments about LCN, and I've watched people correcting you time and time again. You know even less about Black people than you do about the LCN yet I've read comments you've made about what Blacks should be doing,etc,etc,
You're an "expert" on so many other things that I thought you could be candid and speak with authority about your chosen faith.

Who has corrected me about the LCN? Internet posters masquerading as street guys online? Who? Name them. Again, put up or shut up. And I've said nothing about blacks, per se. Simply why the Priesthood was denied them at one time.

Quote:
You made a statement earlier about how the word of God shouldn't be affected by the votes of man...yet glancing the second link,,,,about offical mormon position on race....I'm reading a lot of "at the time society all felt this way""the prevailing notions of race at the time were". Sounds like a cop out, since theologians throughout europe and in early history of this country challenged the "prevailing notions" about race and slavery.

Did you read the whole thing or just cherry pick certain parts? And did you read the first link I posted? If you were familiar with the scriptures at all, and I don't think you are, you would know that the Lord only allowed the Priesthood to a small segment of men in ancient Israel. Was that wrong? No. It's the Lord's Priesthood and He gives it to who He will. You obviously don't believe the LDS Church has the Priesthood and so, by your own thinking, we were never able to deny blacks the Priesthood since we never had it to begin with. So you have no cause for complaint.

You're simply angry at what you think I've said or believe about blacks and so you're trying to take your shot back at me. And that's fine but at least come with something true. Not bullcrap about LDS history that doesn't exist or your own revisionist history about people "correcting" me about the LCN.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.