Originally Posted By: Italianheritage
Yeah, because being part of a pseudo-Christian cult like the Mormon church means you have an excuse to be a bigot and hate people for something they can't change like their sexuality or race. I don't apologize for saying it. All because the false prophet and egomaniac Joseph Smith made up the story of finding golden plates with made up revisionist history based on a fantasy novel, and made up an entirely false book to control people and propagate his BS, propagate racism against blacks for over a century and not let them become cult leaders, have group marriage, and control or make women even more subservient to men. whistle

http://www.cultwatch.com/mormon.html

http://mormoncult.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spalding%E2%80%93Rigdon_theory_of_Book_of_Mormon_authorship

I'm not saying angels could not exist, only I think that the book of Mormon is a fraud.

The fact that Mormons claim Jesus the Christ as part of their religion does not make them Christian.

If that were the case, then Muslims are Christians.

Typical, tired, anti-Mormon talking points. Not even original.

First, Mormons don't "hate" gays. They just believe in scripture, unlike these churches who are throwing scripture out in favor of the social whims of the day.

Second, I'd be willing to bet that, like most detractors of the Book of Mormon, you've never even read it. You think you already have it all figured out and lack the humility it requires to come to a true knowledge about it's origins. You're content to have others tell you what you want to hear about it. People have been coming up with one theory after another for how it came about for years and none of them have held water. Not one has adequately explained how Joseph Smith, as uneducated as he was, could "write" such a book in so short a time. Christians who reject further light and knowledge in the form of the Book of Mormon are not unlike the Jews who reject further light and knowledge in the form of the New Testament. They accept only so much of God's revelation and go no further.

Third, women are not "subservient" in the Church. Men and women are considered equal partners. In fact, they absolutely need each other to qualify for exaltation. As Jesus said, "Neither is the man without the woman, nor the woman without the man, in the Lord." Which is a fundamental reason why homosexual behavior is a sin and has no future in the eternities.

Fourth, as I explained partially above, the Church never "propagated racism" against blacks. You'd know that if you had done any in depth research of our history or scripture. But we both know you haven't. You're content to Google some anti-Mormon links or regurgitate what you've heard. The fact that you were so quick to use the word "cult" demonstrates as much. The LDS Church does not fit the definition of such a label. And, in any event, let's not forget that Jesus and His early followers could have been called that as well.

Finally, we believe in Christ. His name is the name of our Church. Every bit of LDS doctrine revolves around Christ. What makes us different is, we aren't 2nd century Christians. We don't subscribe to what Christianity became shortly after the Apostles were killed off and the Church went into apostasy. Nor do we subscribe to the reformist idea that anyone could just start a new Church without the requisite Priesthood authority. The Church and Priesthood had to be restored from above. Within Christiandom, the argument is between Mormons and Catholics. Either the the Church continued down from the Apostles or there was an apostasy and it needed to be restored. The reformist Protestant churches don't have a leg to stand on.

Anyway, don't get mad and lash out at me because I called this recent decision by the Presbyterians for what it is. You can't defend it. Not while staying true to scripture anyway.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 06/24/14 12:11 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.