Originally Posted By: mustachepete
Originally Posted By: olivant
There's probably only a handful (if that many) of Board members who ever saw the Amos 'n Andy Show. How many of you have seen it? Now, that was one funny show.

It looks like a lot of these are on youtube and for sale on Amazon now. They really are hilarious.

They were, of course more or less barred from being shown for a long time - not shown on TV, and not made available on tape or disc. My dad, though, who was in his thirties when the show was first on, just loved it, so I tried to hunt it down. It turned out there was one think tank or some such that was licensed to sell them, something like the "Foundation for the Study of Historical Media." They sent you a big box of VHS tapes, no marking on it, and the tapes on the labels themselves were all just computer-printed. My dad roared at them, and pretty much wore the tapes out.

Same with my Dad, MP. We had the VHS tapes back in the early '80s, and much more recently I was able to track down those same unlicensed episodes on dvd. Not hard. Just Google Amos and Andy + DVD smile .

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.