Originally posted by Don'tForgetTheCannolis:
...I also think it is highly unlikely that the shooters themselves would come in and do so. Even I think apple can agree with that.
Leave the drapes open? I agree why would the shooters need to do it, that wasn't their job. We have to take into account the possibility that there were more people involved here than simply the shooters.

I think Fredo was under the impression that he and Roth would be on the basis of say Roth and Vito in the old days.
Possibly. All Fredo really needed to hear though, was that there would be something in it for him. Roth & Ola knew they would not need to promise anything specific. Fredo would probably have had his own delusions of granduer as to exactly what that 'something' was.

....I think that the shooters themselves were given the grounds of the estate by Fredo himself. I think there was pre-arrainged meeting point that they were suppose to go. When they got there though they were murdered not escaping which was probably the plan.
I disagree that Fredo gave them the grounds of the estate. To do that, Fredo would have to have been in on some foul play. And as we all know, he did not realize this was going to be a hit. So for what other reason would he be coerced into turning over the ground plans?

...my interpetation of the look given by Michael to Fredo after "I swear I didn't know it was gonna be a hit" was more like "do I look that stupid to you?" thats just my interpretation of it...
You can certainly interpret it that way if you like. However at this point Fredo was far to frightened to even begin to try to lie to Michael. After all, Michael does say to Fredo at one point..."And you believed that story?"

So I believe the look was one of amazement that even weak, stupid Fredo had fallen for such a line.

Best,
Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON