Originally Posted By: cornuto_e_contento
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

First off, I'm not trolling. What I wrote is the truth even if you want to claim it's trolling, or not true.

Prove it.

The Church has lied about plenty over the years. But you're the first person I've ever heard who wants to deny that Pope Francis was born in Argentina. Sounds to me like a personal beef.

What's wrong, don't they like Argentinians in Mexico? I mean, I understand how frustrating it must be to crawl under a fence just to find work at a car wash. But it's not the Church's fault.

Secondly what I wrote about with the constant lies and the church being more like a business for 100s of years is the reason why a lot of people-including myself who were raised Roman Catholic have now left the church.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

The most obvious proof that the Pope was born in Southern Italy is his last name. It's not a Northern Italian last name, and it's not even a last name when he was born that people had on the mainland in Southern Italy. Bergoglio is a Sicilian last name.

He also speaks perfect Italian and it is not tinged with Spanish or different words the way it would be in Argentina.

No we Mexicans do not have anything against Argentinians. Way to be completely racist with your post about Mexicans.

Who on earth exactly CARES whether the Pope's ancestry is from the North or the South of Italy? He was born in Argentina, he identifies himself as Argentinian, he feels Argentinian so to me and millions of others he IS Argentinian.

But since this is a topic on religion, I'll forgive you for your ignorance wink